Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Forgotten Treasures Blog Hop


Welcome to the Forgotten Treasures blog hop where we are showcasing projects made with a least one item we have had for 6 months or longer. If you came from Connie's blog you are in the right place. If you started with my blog, pop over to Christine's blog and start at the beginning, you don't want to miss all the fabulous projects there is to see!

We have several sponsors offering gift certificates for this hop. To be eligible for the gift certificates you must comment on each blog and comment on each sponsor's facebook page. Random winners for each gift card will be selected on July 22 and the winners will be posted on Christine's blog.

Thank you to all our wonderful sponsors:


$20 gift certificate 


3 lucky winners will receive a $5 gift certificate 



$10 gift certificate 


$15 gift certificate 




Every since I heard about this blog hop and the theme I was so excited to make this card. Anyone that really knows me knows that purple is by far my favorite color. And with the theme of the blog hop being use something you haven't used in a while (6 months or so), I kept thinking about the "Dazzles" by Hot Off The Press (HOTP) that I bought at paperwishes.com and haven't got to use them. I got really excited and immediately started thinking of a design I could use on the card. It is quite simple but also elegant at the same time. Heck, you wouldn't really know that those are Dazzle stickers on the front LOL :-). With that being said I will tell you a little bit about how the card was made. It is a white card blank with the fold on top cut to 5" x 5" with purple card stock on top also the same size. Then I used Gypsy Jewel Paper from HOTP in blue stripe and purple ombre. I matted them together with a small border. Then I traced and cut the scalloped rectangle label from a sheet of die-cuts I had onto purple card stock with a light blue card stock behind it. I used 3D foam tape to pop it up off the card. Then from a sheet of white Dazzles i used two swirls facing each other. and a smaller swirl under that lines up even with the top swirls. I then used a dazzle border across the bottom. And to finish it off I rounded the bottom corners with a corner punch. The majority of the product used is by Hot Off The Press. The card stock is just basic from my stash. The Dazzles are the item that I have not used in a while and was very excited to use. I didn't include a sentiment on the front because it has so many possibilities. A birthday card, An anniversary card, and so on.. You get the picture. Unfortunately the picture never really does the card the justice it deserves. Here is another view of the card standing up.



I hope you enjoy the card and if you have any questions or would like a more detailed tutorial let me know and I will be happy to make one or answer any questions. 

In case you missed it; You can find the Dazzles at: paperwishes.com
I have also included a little extra something for following my blog and liking my facebook page.

Good Luck to the lucky person who wins this goody bag!!!

***I will also be doing a "Blog Candy" Goody Bag to one LUCKY PERSON who joins my blog AND likes my Facebook Page, you can do that by clicking here: facebook.com/CartersCraftingCorner.***

Please leave a comment and let me know that you were here and are a follower and LIKED the Facebook Page so I can include you in the drawing for the "Goody Bag". I Love reading your notes and will respond to each of them. 

I am so happy you stopped by today to visit!!! I do hope you come back often. Your next visit is to Mag at magsgraphics. (Click the Link) 

Here is the complete blog line up in case you get lost along the way.
   

Thanks again for stopping by. Have fun with the rest of the hop!!!

No comments: